How will Private Cloud and Hosted Private Cloud services located in one of the Strasbourg datacentres be restarted?
Private Cloud and Hosted Private Cloud services in Strasbourg (SBG) will be made available gradually. Server cleaning is essential, and this will determine when some racks are put back into service. These operations are already fundamentally complex — but they are even more challenging at the moment as we also need to follow the security protocol defined, and the COVID-19 protocol for on-site interventions. We will give you access to your service as soon as possible, so that you can rebuild your infrastructure.
In order for us to redeploy your service, the datastores attached to it must be recoverable and available. We will give you access to your service as soon as possible, so that you can rebuild your infrastructure.
You will receive a dedicated email to help you in this regard. We will provide you with:
- your recoverable datastores
- a vDC (virtual datacentre) with 2 new Premier or Essential range hosts
- your IP blocks, if you have not moved them
- your old users
- old admin rights applied to the new vDC
However, we will not be able to reconfigure the rights that were previously granted to your old users, as well as any specific HA/DRS configurations and network configurations that you may have applied before 10 March 2021. Please reconfigure them accordingly.
Concerning the various options:
- the Zerto option is operational, but the restoration will require a reconfiguration for each of the two sites concerned
- the vROps option is operational, but is disabled by default (also, data related to the operation of vROps before 10 March 2021 cannot be retrieved)
- the Veeam Managed Backup option is operational again
When your service is restored, you will be sent an email to inform you of the latest developments. We also recommend using this guide to help you get your Private Cloud and Hosted Private Cloud services back into service.